Friday, 29 January 2010

Me and My Freitag Bag(s)

I am not a big handbag fan (well, except for the beautiful Red Button Bag that Marion at The Latest Story shared - that I would like!) No, I prefer a hands free style bag and preferably made by Freitag. So when I received my newsletter from them today asking
Show Me Yours And I'll Show You Mine
I thought I would show the first of my many Freitag bags (I have a few!)


My first Freitag was a gift. It was 1998 and I was living in Zurich and my son had just been born. Tired and dazed I stumbled upon a shop selling these amazing bags made from recycled truck tarpaulin, innertubes and seatbelts. It was love at first sight. But I was so tired, dazed and distracted by a hungry, crying baby, I left the shop. I never did manage to get a bag while living in the home of the Freitag. It was Christmas back in Edinburgh, a year later, when I received my first Freitag from my husband - the F12 Dragnet. This bag has carried nappies, shopping, gone on hikes and travelled the world. But it has never been to New York.
Many more to come...

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing your Freitag bag story. it is interesting how some items or objects become so important. I used to carry a small brown suede pouch-shaped purse for years, until it literally fell apart. It still hangs in my closet. maybe I'll make my own replica one day. I love the wool coat you are working on too. I am still saving up to get a 13threads creation of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story!
    I also still remember my first, all natural leather sadle bag which I carried around for years! People knew my by that bag...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...