Friday, 29 January 2010

Scottish Sun, Lambswool... and a New Coat



Well, the sun decided to shine on Edinburgh, very briefly, this afternoon so I jumped at the opportunity to get some photos. I have been working on this coat on and off for the past week. It is made from the softest, most beautiful Scottish Lambswool and I have lined it with a contrasting London of Liberty Cotton. On, it feels like wearing your favourite comfy, cosy cardigan, but obviously, I hope, just a wee bit more stylish.

3 comments :

  1. This coat is absolutely fantastic. A friend sent your etsy link to me and I had to come see your blog.... Is it an original pattern that you would sell or is there one out there I could purchase since I love to sew too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corinnea!

    Thank you for your kind comments. This is my design and pattern - inspired by a 1950's style coat and a red corduroy coat I saw a lady wearing one day whilst out shopping! I'm afraid I don't sell my patterns (not at the moment anyway). I love the easy style of this coat so I also plan to make it in other fabrics and some unlined - perhaps linen. Again, thanks for getting in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever do decide to sell the pattern please contact me. I would buy this coat but my budget doesn't allow. Don't get me wrong, it is worth every penny!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...