Friday, 12 February 2010

Hebridean Collection and Tweed Wrap Coats

Yesterday I listed this grey wrap coat in my shop.


It is so difficult to describe this gorgeous wool fabric and even harder for me to photograph. It has a black speck running through it with a large check pattern of turquoise and blue. All seams are finished with Liberty of London cotton.


The style of this coat was originally inspired by the beautiful Hebridean Collection Tweed. This Scottish hand woven tweed comes in the most gorgeous colours and unlike the Harris Tweed which usually come in small widths, the Hebridean Collection comes in larger widths allowing me to get the full shape of the wrap coats.


I have been unable to get any of this tweed this year...until now! I am so excited as I now have 10 gorgeous metres of this wonderful fabric. Some of it is in a striking jade green and some is in more muted shades of blues and greens. I'm off to sew!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...