Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Green/White Silk Chiffon Dress



I have recently been working on this green/white silk chiffon dress. The fabric is very beautiful, very sheer and very slippy to work with. In fact it has taken me so long to make because of the difficulty of working with the fabric and my lack of patience and focus. Once I have an idea and I start to form it, I need to see results, something worth working on, something worth sticking with right away because the next incarnation is already forming in my head and I'm desperate to move on.


But I did manage to see this dress through to the end and I'm glad I did.


Next time I will try a different fabric.

4 comments :

  1. WWWWWooooooooooooWWWWWWWWWWw!!!!

    This is very sensual--like a steamy film from another era--yet modern, still! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say the kindest things, Dawn! And as difficult as this dress was to finally finish, I can't wait to make it again as I, too, like the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So feminine and the pattern, so spring like! Love he collar and the shawl in the back. I would wear an ivory silk slip underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria,

    I think you may be right. My intention when I started this dress was to layer a cream/ivory slip underneath. I have the fabric lying here ready to be made so I may give it a try...and perhaps offer a choice - floral or plain? I think I chose the floral because I liked the combination/clash of prints and colour and for me this somehow made this dress, which is very feminine and dressy, a little more quirky.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...