Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Trust Fun, Fractals and Aunt Gwen

Strangely, I know, this image reminded me of my Aunt Gwen!


When I was a little girl I loved the ritual of sitting with my Aunt at her dressing table and watching her put on her eye liner, mascara and lipstick. She would then take this beautiful big scarf that she had and tie it over her head just like the woman in the photo, slip her dress over the top, undo the scarf and then tease her hair. Gorgeous and no make up on her clothes. Curiously magical!

This fantastic scarf and photograph is the creation of Trust Fun. Each scarf is unique as every one
is a mathematically valid fractal, painstakingly created by entering a series of numbers and equations into a computer, creating a potentially infinite variety of form, colour and detail bringing the skill and technique of handcraft into the digital age.

As in nature, a rare organic creation...

just like my Aunt.

4 comments :

  1. Yes... great and a bit crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing picture! One way to have a portrait taken...and the colors are fab!

    Love your summer pictures by the sea...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...