Sunday, 27 June 2010

Lunch and Homes

Ok, I know it is probably not appropriate when invited over for lunch to pull out your camera and start snapping the inside of your friends' house so you can share them on your blog but luckily for me our friends didn't mind.


Andrea and Greg have not only created a beautiful home for themselves, but as faed browne architects, they have also converted many interiors in Scotland into gorgeous contemporary living spaces.

Greehill Park, Edinburgh
extensive alteration and extension to B Listed Victorian house to form new ground floor gymnasium, dining area and 'galley' kitchen, first floor bathroom and attic floor studio
Braid Road, Edinburgh

Barlae Mill, Gatehouse of Fleet
extensive restoration and conversion of a derelict 18th century B listed mill building to form new contemporary three storey family home

Findhorn Place, Edinburgh
a new centrally located open plan kitchen and dining space with openable glass wall to garden

Jordan Lane, Edinburgh
full refurbishment and contemporary extension to B Listed historical cottage with attic enlargement, kitchen extension providing new sun space and enhanced circulation
Lunch was wonderful and we were truly spoiled.


Now, next time, if I can just manage to work my way downstairs to their amazing bathroom with its roll top bath and concrete slab flooring and then out to their garden...

2 comments :

  1. Do you always think to take your camera Lois? When I started blogging I also bought a small camera just for you never know.
    Anyway… Andrea and Greg do very nice contemporary living spaces indeed! If it is done in a right and balanced way the old can be very well combined with simple and clean lines. Their house and lunch look elegant and good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do now that I have a small camera which fits in my pocket. I try to take it with me all the time for as you say "you just never know." I am trying not to be a nuisance about it and asking to take photos while we were having such a lovely lunch was just a wee bit cheeky but as you noticed, it looked too good not to. Just hope there is a next time!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...