Friday, 8 October 2010

A Friday Treat!

...why is it that every one in Edinburgh has such dammed good taste.
This lovely comment was left by Jan from fabriquefantastique. So, I thought I would share more of our 'good taste.'

Hailing from the land that offers the culinary delights of deep fried pizza, deep fried haggis and deep fried Mars Bars, washed down with Irn Bru, I thought you might like this other sweet, salty, fatty little treat: Chocolate-Dipped Potato Chips.


  • 24 ridged potato chips
  • 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Kosher or sea salt (don't use regular table salt, it won't taste as good)

1. Lay a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet

2. Melt chips in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 second interval until smooth

3. Dip each chip halfway into melted chocolate and lay on wax paper. Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt.

4. Cool in fridge until hardened, then get out the way. These are addictive!!

Not too sure that this is the kind of 'good taste' that Jan was referring to!

(recipe via Framed, a blog which I found via The Hidden List)

9 comments :

  1. Miss Threads!!! I can't tell you how delicious these look and sound! Reall y must makes these and lots of them... what I'm liking even more is that I know I'm the only one in the house who will eat them ~ Yay!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I don't know, I am half repelled and half intrigued!

    I am really enjoying your blog which I tumbled upon recently. Your work is so very beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, one of the comments on the original post states that a favourite combo is "salt and vinegar crisps and a chocolate bar." ?!!!

    ...and thank you for the kind comment Poshyarns. And I'm with you - slightly repelled as I'm not too sure these would taste good with a nice glass of red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have this vague idea Jan meant some other kind of taste… Never mind me though, of course I don’t have your Edinburgh’s good taste… but these sound absolutely gross! Hope you servive these Lois, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes miss Threads! I don't so it as much these days but I used to love eating a pack of salty crisps then something like a DairyMilk bar... so yummy!
    I know you can get sea salt chocolate, I think Lindt do it but I've not found it yet. I did find another one, can't remember the brand, and it was so yummy too! Wish I could find it again... :)
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMmm?! I'm not sure I'd like these chips dipped in chocolate but my husband already eats his chips with a mars bar lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is just the thing for my-watching after-my-late-forties-figure!!LOL!(I should know all these crazy things come from Scotland, I marries a Scot!)Love the clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG--this looks like the original sin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found this post lol. I have heard that folks from Glasgow like the all seafood diet....'I see it, I eat it"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...