Friday, 3 December 2010

So...




and then a few more petals...


With an empire waistline, a few folds into an A-line shaped skirt, elbow length sleeves and cut just above the knee, this is a simple dress which is made just a wee bit special by the added petals outlined in black, the use of stiff Dupion silk to add structure and some party shine


and bright pink lining, well, because you are fifteen years old and you can!


Working with Lucy on her dress has been so special and thoroughly enjoyable.


And once I get a photo of her wearing her dress I will surely post it.

10 comments :

  1. ...let me relive my prom in this dress--if only! It's gorgeous!! The slip-lining is the icing on the cake. I am anticipating the photos of Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is sensational! .. and nothing brings out the shape and color so beautiful like dupion silk. .....and the lining(!!!)
    I am looking forward to see Lucy wearing it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous, and I love the pink lining, it's so girly and add a not-too-serious note to the dress :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous miss Threads! I absolutely love the hot pink lining... :)
    Doing our very best to stay warm today, even the wee man has his hot water bottle today... ;)
    Hope you have a lovely weekend, take care on the ice!
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the pink gives the dress that extra finish....rather like a narrow border on a silk scarf...or a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had a ball in that lovely sweet dress! Love the pink detail, have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutly beautiful, Lucy must have felt wonderful in it! All those petals, my goodness but all that work was worth it, the dress came out stunning! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink touch! Can't wait to see Lucy in her dress!! XO!
    kelley@thehiddenlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see Lucy in the dress too! Off to visit her and her family for Sunday lunch and I'm taking my camera!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...