Tuesday, 25 January 2011

A New Hat, A New Dress and An Old Poem


Both the hat and dress are made from Scottish tweed and the vibrant mustard yellow and deep purple look gorgeous lit by the Winter sun. So once the sun shines...I will try to capture them better!

And it's Burns Day. In celebration of our famous poet, we will recite poetry, drink whisky and eat haggis, neeps and tatties. This year my daughter will be reciting Willie Wastle (brilliantly, I may add) but since she wouldn't let me record her for you all to hear, here is a very good version by a P6 class.

Willie Wastle from Athole McLauchlan on Vimeo.

7 comments :

  1. Apologies if this is showing up more than once. Not sure what I did wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks good to me, Lois. smashing hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jan. I always seem to make mistakes when posting. And, now the sun is shining...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--love your hats, Lois! They are exquisite--the form and colors and materials used!

    I would like to hear your daughter recite her poem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And just in case you would like to listen to more of the poems of Robert Burns

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/robertburns/works/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you have to eat haggis, neeps and tatties... (I looked it up to see what it was)

    The hat and dress are absolutely wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have said, I only eat the vegetarian haggis!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...