Friday, 7 January 2011

Seven for a Secret, Never to be Told

It all began when I accepted my invitation to join the Edinburgh Team and I was drawn in by this wonderful avatar belonging to David Lemm

who also created this lovely little zine, One for Sorrow

based on a nursery rhyme that my daughter loves to recite whenever a magpie or two or three are around

One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl
Four for a boy
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret, never to be told
Eight for a wish
Nine for a kiss
Ten for a bird you must not miss


which always starts me singing the theme tune to the 1960's and 1970's tv programme Magpie
which then starts me reminiscing about other tv programmes from my childhood, like Swap Shop


which made me think of the brand new website Let's Swap which is pretty much like the tv show we all loved to watch on a Saturday morning but for creative folks.



Let’s Swap is a brand new site (by my friends over at Hyperakt) that offers curated swaps for creative people. Here’s how it works: There’s one featured swap. If you want it, hit the Swap button and propose what you want to exchange for it. The featured artist will pick their favorite swaps and they’ll be posted here. No accounts, no fees and no fuss.
(via swissmiss)

5 comments :

  1. what a brilliant idea! I remember watching swapshop with my brother.....all those mad jumpers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa, that chains of associations keep me sticking on my computer always...
    Let´s swap art..really a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! Will go and have a look!!!
    And you look fabulous in your new photo! Love the head wrap!

    xoxo Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Lemm is a very nice illustrater, thanks for pointing me in his direction.

    The swap idea is brillant...
    Hope you have a good weekend Lois!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely weekend everyone and stay warm. We have had more snow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...