Thursday, 5 May 2011

Another Mixed Bunch

With an array of white, navy, turquoise, orange and emerald green flowers set on top of a pretty peach background, this silk twill looks and feels like it belongs to a 1940's tea dress.



I haven't made the tea dress, yet, but I have used this beautiful fabric to make a simple tunic dress which looks good layered over a contrasting flowery slip and to create a new jacket .

























I love this jacket with its vintage blue buttons and frayed button holes!
(Because of frayed button holes I will not be able to sell this jacket in my shop. I will be making more but maybe with little loops instead of button holes)

5 comments :

  1. Lois, these are so timeless and beautiful--elegant--!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fabric is wonderful, I like the retro style and it suits perfectly your modern designs, I like the dress very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement. Looking at them hanging in my room makes me long for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This design dress is still my favorite Lois, I think the low taille is just great! Very romantic ensemble in a very special fabric...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...