Monday, 6 June 2011

akinaMina

And this gorgeous nuno felted scarf is the beautiful work of Yusun Kang.


















Having majored in sculpture and stage design, Yusun has now turned her creative talents to felt making. Particularly interested in the technique of nuno felting, Yusun turns wools and silks into these beautiful works of art.




This is the third scarf I have bought from Yusun and each one is totally unique and stunning.




































Although her shop akinaMina is empty right now it is worth keeping an eye open for any new listings because her work sells very quickly, especially if I see it first!

9 comments :

  1. very unique! just hopped over to the shop and noticed,...already favored by me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely scarves... indeed I'll keep an eye on her shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an artist, the highest form of flattery is when one's work sells out or has a waiting list. Love that pretty little bird! Those scarves are heavenly and red carpet worthy!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Lois...
    I noticed she makes brooches too...
    Your scarves are absolutly beautiful, the lilac sort of color in the first photo is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is really lovely to work with and we had discussed her creating me some custom pieces to attach to a wedding dress idea I had but unfortunately other commitments have put that on hold. The scarves I have bought have all been given as gifts so I can't wait for her to reopen so that I can choose one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that her scarves would work real well to attach to a wedding dress...

    Well we all have to be patient until she reopens...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...