Monday, 5 September 2011

A New Dress

 As well as thinking about cake, eating cake, I have been working on some new patterns.


This wrap dress has a scooped neck band and shaped bodice. The short bodice sits on the bust line and ties close the dress at the side.


 The sleeves are wide and finish just above the wrist. 


Both the front and the back of the skirt have inverted pleats to give shape to the loose skirt.


I made this dress out of Liberty of London cotton but I hope to make some from wool over the next few weeks.


8 comments :

  1. great dress! Would be great in wool for the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutly stunning, the design, style and fabric.
    Does this dress comes in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great feedback. Yes, I have just listed this dress and ideally I hope to have a few more made and finished in wool over the next few weeks!

    I have created two versions of this style - the other one has a lower neckline and as yet, depending on the fabric, will have different sleeves.
    I have also created this pattern with wider shoulders as this one is slightly narrow across the shoulders. Also hope to create two more sizes as well. Lots to do!!

    Really glad you like this as I had a black one that I made for myself years ago and wore it until it fell apart. The pattern always needed to be redesigned so, I finally got around to doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress Lois. I particularly like the front closing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress! Can't wait to see what you find for autumn colors.
    Just browsed a little in your blog and again always find something beautiful and inspiring to read!
    Thanks, Lois!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have made the sleeves--just above the wrist, the tailoring is exquisite, the fabric too...just beautiful, Lois! It's good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress!! Looking forward to see the dress in wool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love the details and the fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...