Friday, 30 September 2011

Wrapped in Tweed

The feel of a shawl, the look of a poncho but definitely cape inspired.






















Made from lovely Hebridean Tweed in a colour weave of oranges, red, purples, pinks...I created a short A-line cape at the back, cut the front longer on the bias to create a front drape, added a very large hood, two pockets and a front zip closure. I have exposed the selvedge of the fabric on the pockets and the front opening, the hem edges are unfinished and all seams inside are finished with a contrasting Liberty of London cotton.


5 comments :

  1. Wow! I'm taking back all I've said about red capes, haha! Yours is unique and gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lucie. Yes, the colour was a challenge...but I decided that if I could make it work with red then I would purchase some of the beautiful, (more expensive!) Harris Tweed that I have been drooling over! And I think some photos taken outside in this gorgeous Autumn sunlight would be lovely. Maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very special Lois! A very fun design too ...
    The color is just right for this time of the year.

    A few more nice days are coming along, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...