Tuesday, 15 November 2011

And Another Dress

This time in a crisp cotton poplin which is covered in large grey/blue flowers and cabbages. The wide sleeves are made from cotton voile as is the gathered inset in the low neckline.


The dress is shown here worn layered over the top of a longer woollen skirt. However, my initial idea was to wear this dress over a skirt in a tweed check. I had the fabric all chosen and when I went to get it, it had been sold!

Beautiful necklace by The Jewelry Story

All it needs now is a warm wrap, a stylish hat and somewhere nice to go.

7 comments :

  1. Just extraordinary, Lois--I study every beauty that comes into your shop! And your photo-work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn! I agree that my photos are looking much better against the black wall but I still feel that I am not capturing the shapes of the clothes very well. I think these dresses look a little bit quirkier on and I don't think the photos really portray this. I probably need to spend longer on taking them than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dawn, these pictures against the black wall are awesome! and this dress is divine! I'm going to look for it in your shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great new dress Lois! And thanks for mentioning my necklace ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and elegant at the same time...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful dress, and photos! (and necklace!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much. I just picked up another gorgeous fabric to make another one of these dresses and then I will move on to some other designs I have waiting to be made.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...