Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Giger's Goddess


Malgorzata Dudek's Spring/Summer collection - an homage to Swiss surrealist H.R. Giger.



When I started sketching this collection and planning the fabrics, I couldn't see it complete without elements of H.R. Giger's artwork. And what better way for me, as a designer, to honor a man whose Biomechanical vision has massively influenced architecture, film, music, tattoo art, fashion and industrial design - Malgorzata

Malgorzata adapted H.R Giger prints and transferred them onto fabric.

5 comments :

  1. I've always loved style photos like this, when they show references to larger influences...stunning pieces made even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that last image! The colors and the shape!
    Such influences are important, they take away the seriousness of the fashion business and become playful! I love that!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thank you for sharing. I am starting a google search for H.R. Giger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last two images - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievable what a challenge to be inspired by a surrealist! It worked very well ...the print in the fabric of the dress in the last image is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...