Monday, 7 November 2011

Inspirational Designers - Eiko Ishioka

The incredible work of costume designer, set designer and director, Eiko Ishioka.

A revolutionary artist whose internationally acclaimed work for stage, screen, advertising and print media has made her one of the premier visual artists...
- Bjork



 Like all great artists of the world, Eiko understands what is going on in other cultures besides her own, and by immersing herself in them, she is able to create works that are unique blends. Her work transcends boundaries on many levels, since she refuses to stick to one particular medium or set convention.
- Francis Ford Coppola, Director of Bram Stoker's Dracula for which Eiko one the Oscar for best costumes




4 comments :

  1. Wow! and I read in the Wikipedia that she's working on Snow White costume for a film!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is pretty magnificent. That first photo reminds me of Grace Jones...

    I loved the Coppola film. I wonder who designed the costumes for Pan's Labyrinth...

    You always find the most inspiring artists, Lois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible! Imagine being able to make all these fantastic costumes because it's your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a bit too excited while gathering the photos for this post that I didn't write as much as I wanted to.

    Yes, Dawn, that is Grace Jones.The BAFTA winning costume designer for Pan's Labyrinth is Lala Huete.

    ...And, Marion, I would love this job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...