Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Experimenting!

The requirements were:




So, I went with this super soft, sheer, spotted tulle, layered and with no sleeve detail!

Knowing that the dress is tight fitting with a gorgeous front pleating from bust to hem, I felt more pleating on the sleeves would be too much. And knowing the dress has a long slim shape and is made from a heavy jersey, I decided to double up the tulle by creating an inner layer which gives extra volume at the neck and hemline.




The back of the dress also has interesting detail across the bum area so although this jacket at the moment is quite long, I would suggest that it is cut a little shorter - just above the detail on the dress - and allow part of the underneath layer of the jacket to hang down creating an uneven hemline.



I am not sure if this meets the requirements but I think one just like it will definitely be listed in my shop soon.

4 comments :

  1. Your experimenting is GORGEOUS! Keep on experimenting, Lois, I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! curious to see it with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Yes, I like it but I need to see it worn with the dress too. I will let you know how works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this sheer tule jacket Lois, please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...