Saturday, 26 May 2012

Black Cheesecloth Dress


This is one of those dresses that you can throw on when in a hurry.


It is stylishly comfortable, simple and requires no fuss. A beautiful cuff works perfectly.


The dress is made from a heavy weight cotton cheesecloth. I made the dress, pressed all the seams, left the hem down and then washed it in a cold wash and let it dry with all its creases intact and the pleats of the dress all soft. I then hemmed the dress.


This dress is made to order as I am keeping the one in the photo. It was hot yesterday and this dress was the perfect solution to my declaration of 'I have no summer clothes!'

5 comments :

  1. That dress just flows! I love boat necklines, and the masterful casualness of the soft black in contrast to the high waist, elbow-cut sleeves, and beautiful tailoring...I am smitten!

    The woman who wears this will stand out like a breath-taking and rare wildflower!

    Thank you so much, Lois, for the mention XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely dress,women and photo's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the dress in your Etsy shop I was wondering if you kept this one for your self because it suits you so very well ... This is my type of dress Lois, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its apparent simplicity makes it so elegant and chic! It suits you perfectly, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for great feedback. I haven't taken this dress off since I made it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...