Thursday, 10 May 2012

Meeting Emma, Phyllis and Amelia at The Market


Considering that we probably frequent the same craft fairs and cake shops around town, I knew that I would bump into Emma Lamb at some point. And it was very nice to do so at The Market a few weekends ago. 
The Market is about creating links within Edinburgh's design community, while allowing the public the chance to see for free the incredible talent on their doorsteps. A key element of The Market is the showcasing of new and student talent, which I hunt down myself, alongside successful, established artists, to give them the contacts and selling experience which are often lacking at art college. I also always offer a free table to a local charity, allowing them to share their work with a new audience for free. - Amelia Smith, 'dedicated woman behind The Market and owner of little red
As well as being able to buy some of Emma's lovely work, 

Haven't had the heart to stick a pin into phyllis yet.

and a brooch from little red,

magazine collage and resin

there was cake to be eaten too.

Dough Re Mi
via Emma Lamb

For the full photographic story go here, here, here, here and here, all courtesy of Emma Lamb.

Wishing them lots of success and look forward to the next meet up of The Market.

4 comments :

  1. Wow...that looks like fun! I have yet to meet one of my etsy colleagues, but I assume it will happen one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a very nice market Lois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful! and the bakery looks very inviting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So lovely to 'bump' into you too my dear... :)
    I know, I know... it's hard to beleive we haven't met in a cake shop yet... ;)
    Love the wee brooch you picked up from Amelia, so pretty!
    Looking forward to the next time,
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...