Thursday, 7 March 2013

Another Dress...


Despite the grey gloom outside my window this morning, I am still thinking and making pretty dresses.


So, I finally worked out my pattern for that tunic style dress. Actually, I have a few variations of it. First, is this red/black/white print dress made from a fine Liberty of London cotton lawn. Again it has a high slashed neckline, three quarter length sleeves and is shaped by tucks at the front and back waist.

(Oh, the bags are made from my left over scraps of all the Liberty of London cotton I use. The bigger pieces go to line my hats. I hope to start listing a few bags in my shop soon!)


The slight structure to the dress is created by using a lightweight woven cotton interfacing in the large hem and the simple, easy to wear style is reinforced with handy side pockets!


The mint green dress that I am playing with (I really was struggling to create an interesting photo!) is a variation. It is made from cotton poplin so has a wee bit more structure to it and there are two darts at the neckline.

...and if we get any sunlight today I will try and photograph it.

A close up of the Liberty of London cotton lawn.

Liberty of London Cotton Lawn 









2 comments :

  1. Absolutely fabulous, what a great design dress, a great neckline, a very nice shape by tucks at the front and back waist and ... side pockets! The bags are beautiful too are they knitted Lois? I am eager to see pictures of the mint dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion! No, I crochet the fabric strips for the bags.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...