Friday, 12 April 2013

Behind The Big Red Doors of Timberyard

It is to Niki over at unifiedspace that I send you for a wonderfully detailed description of the interior of this unique Edinburgh restaurant.



[The Radfords] have created something which can be lacking in high end interiors. We all know the sort of characterless spaces I am thinking of – the kind where a high budget has done no favours to the interior because the perfectly executed design configured in a swanky design studio could in fact belong anywhere from Dubai to Barcelona. But Timberyard has been lovingly and very personally restored on a minimal budget which has dictated that virtually everything has been salvaged and it has given the restaurant a sense of place. - unifiedspace


And in the Radford's own words, Timberyard is "a new style of restaurant aware of sustainability & the environment. Ingredients supplied by small, local, artisan growers, breeders, producers & foragers."

Timberyard has a set menu boasting 




 an ever changing Daily menu offering such temptations as


and all eyes are referred towards the old school blackboard for some specials.



Dining with a friend, we both thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The relaxed, friendly service encouraged us to begin with their very own Lavender Gimlet and end four hours later with an empty bottle of white and, yes, some cleared plates in between!



Without a doubt, Timberyard is a truly beautiful space and their Slow Food philosophy and carefully sourced ingredients really do make this family run restaurant a 'bold, forward-thinking concept, delivered with heart and soul.' (Joanna Blythman)



7 comments :

  1. All these great looking restaurants with their delicious sounding menu's ... it is too much! I guess I have to stay longer in Edinburgh as I actually planned ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...staying longer sounds like a good plan!

      Delete
  2. I should add that booking ahead is essential!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, Lady Lawson's timber yard is now a bright, beautiful space with a garden and a bar!

      Delete
  4. My mouth is watering reading the menu! and the place, I agree, I would love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going out to eat tonight...good thing I saw this, it's making me hungry again. I love his apron!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...