Tuesday, 11 June 2013

'Subway Ballet'



The first time I saw these young men perform, in a tightly packed New York City subway car, I imagined we were all flying. I later learned that their dances and aerial moves were named “the part-time stripper,” “walking on air” and “the Kid and Larry.” Their physicality, bravado and humor captivated me. While some riders considered them a nuisance, I felt they transformed the subway car into a remarkable sort of public theater.
(via The New York Times)








3 comments :

  1. I'd definitely love seeing this live. They are so graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing Lois! How can some people say it's a nuisance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Makes me want to ride the train in hopes of seeing them dancing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...