Saturday, 17 August 2013

Looking Forward To Autumn



A little look at the patterns and colours that are inspiring some dresses for the approaching cooler days.


The front of the dress is shaped with a yoke just above the bust with a slightly wide round neck falling to a sharp V at the back. And, yes, side pockets. I just read somewhere that pockets in dresses are the new handbag...but we already knew that!

Facings on neckline and sleeves are all made with the contrasting fabric.



And, yes, you may well ask but this is supposed to be an action shot showing a new style of coat to go with the new dress but really only demonstrates that I should stick to standing still!





6 comments :

  1. Lois, this dress is just what I want! The fabric is so very beautiful and so is the pattern. To use these two fabrics together is a great find! So when you turn the sleeves to make them a bit shorter it will show the same fabric as the wide border? Absolutly gorgeous, when will you list it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion. I hope to start listing some of these dresses this week. I will also be making a version of this in a light wool. The fabric shown is a Liberty cotton lawn. I have been wearing this one every day since I made it - for 'comfort' research purposes and it passes the test!

      Delete
  2. Oh, you made me laught, Lois, but the action shot does indeed show off the cut of the coat--adore it! And it's those details like the facing on the neckline that make me fall in love with your work again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again, you always say the nicest things! Many thanks Dawn x

      Delete
  3. Love the two fabrics, the mixing and contrasting borders, love the cut of the dress and of the coat!!! Is the coat made of a jacquard fabric? I'd love to see a close up of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is Lucie. This is in fact an old design of mine and an old coat of mine so the fabric is getting pretty worn and faded. However, I have decided to remake this coat again as the shape is perfect to wear over the tent shape of the dresses and cut a little shorter I like the way the border of the dresses hangs down below the coat. Now I just have to find some fabric!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...