Tuesday, 27 August 2013

One Hundred Blinks

It is a privilege to, once again, be involved in one of Lindsay Perth's projects. This weekend the Edinburgh based artist and photographer came to our house and filmed myself, my son and my daughter for her new film One Hundred Blinks.

One Hundred Blinks is the study of the passage of time on a compilation of faces, making a single human portrait from many. 100 faces, aged 0 to 100, are shown in sequential order, each person is between blinks.  The head-and-shoulder portraits are filmed in slow motion with a shallow depth of field that is focused and centered specifically on each person’s eyes. Behind the subject, life goes on with an indulgent slowness of movement in the setting of a home, play park or workplace. Each portrait is a slow capture of an age between blinks. The eyes open, look at out at us, they close and the next person opens their eyes .





blinktest - Broadband from Lindsay Perth on Vimeo.


After seeing the short films of my children, I would say that Lindsay has definitely managed to capture  'a beauty, a vulnerability and a wisdom' in the faces of a 12 and a 15 year old. So beautiful!



3 comments :

  1. I would like to see the whole video! sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viktoria I think she is hoping to screen the film sometime in October. Just the little bit I saw of us in slow motion was just so beautiful. It was really fun to do.

      Delete
  2. That must have been so much fun Lois! What an interesting concept ... Too bad I never get to see the result.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...