Friday, 22 November 2013

One Hundred Blinks

Just around 2 minutes 57 seconds is a young lady I love dearly.



An extract from Lindsay Perth's film One Hundred Blinks.

” I WANTED TO MAKE A FILM THAT CAPTURED A BEAUTY, A VULNERABILITY AND A WISDOM FOUND IN ALL AGES AND LIFE EXPERIENCE FROM CHILDHOOD TO MATURITY. IT NEEDED TO HAVE AN INTIMACY BETWEEN THE PERSON ON THE SCREEN AND THE VIEWER AND A CONTEMPLATION ABOUT TIME AND PLACE THAT SHOOTING IN 200 FPS CREATES. IT SEEMS TO ME – AND THIS MAYBE A CHARACTERISTIC OF GETTING OLDER – THAT TIME PASSES EVER MORE QUICKLY. ONE HUNDRED BLINKS IS ALSO A SORT OF RESIGNATION THAT ONE OF THE THINGS WE CERTAINLY CAN NOT CONTROL IS TIME PASSING, BUT THE DESIRE TO TRY TO SLOW IT DOWN AND LOOK MORE CLOSELY AT LIFE CAN STILL BE ATTEMPTED. “
ARTIST, LINDSAY PERTH


Blink, quickly, or you just might miss her!




5 comments :

  1. Wonderful and intriguing film ... thanks for showing! Didn't you make it through the screen test Lois?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't make it into this extract but I hope I made it into the longer version!

      Delete
  2. great to watch the film! ...and look more closely at life and at your wonderful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I came back to look at this again--I totally missed that that was your daughter the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really fun project to be involved in. I hope we get to see the completed film.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...