Friday, 28 August 2015

Die Zauberflöte by Komische Oper Berlin



On leaving the Festival Theatre last night I was approached by BBC Arts to see if I would like to say a few words about the performance I had just watched.

Still mesmerised and captivated by the magical world of Die Zauberflöte by Komische Oper Berlin, and noticing the camera ready to record, I screamed 'No' while running for the exit.




However, I would like to say a few words here: Barrie Kosky and theatre group 1927's production of Mozart's Magic Flute was beautiful, quirky, sometimes mad (I'm thinking of the pink flying elephants!) and absolutely wonderful!


2 comments :

  1. Ha, ha gone is your opportunity to speak your mind on BBC ... I would have done the same Lois! Thank you for telling and showing us about this opera, it must have been something ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face must have shown how horrified I was at the idea because I'm sure I heard them laugh as I fled! The performance is incredible and if it ever makes it to a venue nearby, it is worth trying to get a ticket. As well as visually stunning, the music, the orchestra and the singing were also great. Oh, and it was very funny.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...