Monday, 31 August 2015

Kitsch

I'm not a fizzy juice fan but one sip of Kitsch's All Natural Cucumber and Fennel Seed Soda had me hooked and would now seem quite addicted!

Kitsch, Handcrafted Soda in Edinburgh

In his 'introduction of sorts', Craig the founder of this Edinburgh based handcrafted soda company explains:

Eventually I started to make soda, that to my surprise, actually tasted pretty good, and this whole crazy thing started to feel possible.  A throwaway Bowie lyric gave me an idea for a name and as I saved away as many spare pennies as I could find to pay for bottling equipment, Kitsch very slowly became a reality.  That was just over a year ago now, so its been a long road in even getting this far, to our launch just last week.  This blog serves as an introduction of sorts, an idea of things to come, and over the coming weeks I’ll be able to tell the story of how Kitsch came to exist.  The story of how a young man with big dreams and even bigger glasses juiced a lot of fruit and eventually cobbled together a craft soda works right here in Edinburgh.
Along with their other flavour, Rhubarb and Thai Basil, Kitsch Sodas are tastefully unique and delicious!

...Just a thought: One of Edinburgh's hand crafted gins mixed with Kitsch Cucumber and Fennel Seed Soda...





4 comments :

  1. If you make me one, the one with gin ... I come and get it! This all sounds very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a date Marion! Just let me know when you are coming and because, as you know, Douglas makes a pretty good gin and tonic, I'll make sure he has several bottles of Kitsch at the ready x

      Delete
  2. I'm very curious about the taste of cucumber and fennel seed soda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucie, the taste is so refreshing. The sodas are not overly sweet nor fizzy and the flavour is addictive. I'm sure it won't be long before they are being sold everywhere!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...